Chief Technology Officer
Red Sky is a vital part of the Tar Heel Capital Pathfinder,launched at the end of 2016. Our idea is to build projects with a global perspective and particular emphasis on modern IT solutions. Every year we introduce new, revolutionary products to the market. We support great ideas and promote talents. We help build innovative startups by providing financial resources, but most of all through substantive support.
We operate under the #venture_building_formula - we create projects based on experts' experience, including teams of programmers, designers, project managers, HR, administration, and marketing - ready to develop and support promising startups.
For our portfolio company Plum Research - we are looking for a highly talented CTO that will drive the vision and execution of the technology and products development at a high growth stage technology company.
Plum Research is an independent company dedicated to providing the most reliable insights to the global entertainment industry. Since 2015, Plum Research has been partnering with the world’s largest media companies, agencies, and brands that rely on their unbiased insights to make their business decisions. Plum Research is currently the global leader in device-agnostic SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand) audience measurement, and has panels in 20 countries, reaching millions of active users. The company and products have received numerous awards and distinctions, including the Best of Show Content Measurement Innovation Award at the 2019 National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas. The teams are based out of Szczecin and Warsaw, Poland, and New York.
About the role
We envision the main duty to enable a company to reach its business goals using an innovative tech approach. By this, CTO will blend knowledge of existing and emerging technology to provide our business with the best solutions.
The role has two main purposes — to take care of internal business operation processes and to develop innovative products. As the product life cycles at our company are consolidating, a CTO's duty will involve overseeing several development teams while evaluating processes and progress. The management of the general vision of the software product should be the CTOs core driver. We expect the CTO is always staying alert to new trends in technology and remains the lead product architect and system administrator.
Roles & Responsibilities
- formulate a vision for how technology will be utilized within our company
- outline company goals and timelines for research and development
- develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy for alignment with its business goals
- ensure that the technological resources satisfy the company’s short and long-term needs
- identify and implement innovative technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- manage large teams, big data, and the product life cycle
- build quality assurance and data protection processes
- monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
18 000 - 25 000 PLN B2B + VAT
- participation in creating a leader of user data analytics market
- an opportunity to implement own ideas and shape company’s products and development
- exciting work in an ever-changing environment
- the real impact on the company's strategy and the company's development direction
- access to unique knowledge within the organization and cooperation with recognized experts and business partners from across the world
- access to benefits on preferential terms: private medical care package (Medicover), Multisport card, group insurance
- relocation package and comprehensive support for relocation
The ideal candidate will have:
Big Data domain knowledge – expert level and constantly staying on top of the latest trends in data management
strategy – to draw on the experience and foresee a path to success through devising a digital strategy
product management – should understand the product life cycle and how to build new products and maintain existing ones
client-centric – business application to innovation is crucial to the success
people & negotiation skills and mentoring – For the team to run effectively, the CTO should know the team's strengths and weaknesses and how to get the best out of them.
experience - minimum 3 years at a similar position in technological companies
engineering – technical background
- fluent English skills